Since it is Fall and apples are in season locally here in Michigan, I love mixing them in to jazz up salads and so forth. I make this salad often for dinner. It takes literally 5 minutes to throw together and has a great mix of fibrous veggies, lean protein, and good fat. If you want to add some complex carbs to this meal, you can include sprouted grain garlic toast as a side.
- 4 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cooked and sliced into bite-size chunks
- 3 cups of salad greens (I use a combination of spring mix and spinach)
- 1/2 apple, chopped (I like Honeycrisp apples, but you can use whatever is your favorite type)
- 2 tbsp vidalia onion, finely minced
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 oz walnuts, raw
- 5 dried cherries
- 1 tbsp (15 g) Garlic Expressions salad dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
Lay a bed of greens on the plate. Sprinkle minced onion on top. Next, scatter the chopped apple pieces and salt and pepper, making sure to coat the apples well (sounds weird but it tastes really good). Add walnuts, Parmesan cheese, and dried cherries. Finally lay chicken across salad bed, and pour dressing over top. ** Enjoy.
**You can cook the chicken ahead of time if needed and add it to the salad cold, but I think it makes everything more flavorful if you are able to cook the chicken fresh, and add it to the salad while it is still warm and juicy.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 17.5 g
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 33 g
Print This Post