Podcast – Holiday Food Stressin Part 1

Welcome to my very first podcast. I am so excited for you to check this out. It is the holiday season and many of you have been asking me how I handle the temptation, which are prevalent throughout this time of year. I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to chat, rather than write. Let’s liven things up a bit, shall we?

You can listen to the podcast by clicking on the link below…

OR

You can right click and save the .mp3 file to iTunes, so you can listen to it on your iPod. I love this option, and use it myself for podcasts that I like to listen to because I can upload them to my iPod, and listen to them while I work out!

In the future I may get them on iTunes so that you can subscribe and get the podcasts automatically. Working on that…for now…hope you enjoy.

Update: The Live Well 360 Podcasts have now been added to iTunes. To subscribe, so that you never miss a podcast, click here.

Stay tunes for Part 2 and please let me know what you think!

Willo921 December 19, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Thank you so much for that. I tell myself these things from your podcast everyday. But its good to hear it from someone else as well.

I recently began my journey to a healthier life and often feel I picked one of the worst times of the year to begin. So many holiday parties, as you said. I’ve skipped a few that I knew I wouldn’t feel guilty about missing- but others I gave conscience thought about what I was eating. The first time I felt guilty all day, but now I know the next day or meal you have to get back on track and everything will be ok.

Thanks again for this blog- fantastic work!

Sheila December 20, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Thank you Willo. I am so glad that you enjoyed listening and I was able to help to reinforce your healthy self-talk and mindset. Its so easy to go down that other path, of beating ourselves up over things that in the grand scheme of things, are not that big of a deal. I think we all need to start being a little nicer in the self-talk category. Can you imagine saying some of the things you have said to yourself to one of your dearest friends??? Ha, you might get a slap in the face if you did, right? :-)

Let me know if there is anything specific that you would like to hear more about in future podcasts. I am working on setting up a more regular schedule.

Tammy December 20, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Hi-

I found your blog a few days ago and really enjoy it. The podcast was great. I need to hear this especially since it is not only the Holidays, a challenging time in and of itself, but also because we are getting record breaking snow where I live and I am stuck in the house.
I am off to listen to your next podcast! :-)

Sheila December 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Thanks for stopping in Tammy. I agree, the goodies do seem to call to you when you are confined to the house. I really find such a difference when I step back and remind myself that this is just a short period of time, and that if I eat something that I usually wouldn’t eat, it is really not that big of a deal. Once that pressure is off, then I am way less likely to overdo it. This is important for women to note for that “time of the month” as well, sorry guys, for the TMI.

It’s not that I give myself a “free pass” or a license to overeat…it is that I remove that huge weight, or that guilt, or label of doing something “bad,” and once the guilt is lifted, it changes my whole perspective and I realize that it was only a big deal because I was making it a big deal in my head. The mental aspect is really the biggest component, once we can grasp that, and replace those false or misleading paradigms and so on that we create in our minds, then we can achieve pretty much any vision that we hold for our body.

Jaclyn June 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I’m not easily impressed. . . but that’s imrespsing me! :)

Virginia November 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I LOVED this! I’ve recently lost 25 pounds and I feel great and look great. Since this time of the year is creeping up I have been worried because I have 5 families. My mom has a new husband and family, my dad does too, my boyfriend’s mom as well and so does my boyfriend’s dad. I’ve also gotta include my aunt and uncle’s family. Anyway, you can imagine that how much food that is during the holidays! My boyfriend and I are gona be hopping from dinner to dinner and I was worried I was going to gain so much! But now my mind is at ease thanks to your podcast. I’ll be sure to enjoy myself and be careful still. Happy Holidays!!

Sheila November 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Happy holidays to you too Virginia. I know you’re gonna rock it. :-) Enjoy the time with your families!