Overnight Oats with Yogurt
Some summer mornings, it's just too hot for a bowl of steamy oats... on these days, overnight oats are my go-to recipe.
Here's my easy, quick-fix (with a few minutes of prep the night before) recipe, that will fill you up and keep you cool, since there is no cooking with these oats!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk (almond, skim, hemp, soy, etc)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of stevia or a drizzle of honey (if you like a little extra sweetness like me)
The night before, combine the above in a bowl, stir, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and stir the ingredients again. You will notice the texture is very creamy, doughy, and thick. The oats absorb the liquid and become fluffy almost.
Topping choices are really endless. Here are a few of my favorites.
- flaxseed meal
- strawberries, sliced
- peaches, sliced
- dried fruits
- almonds, cashews, walnuts, chia seeds, trail mix
- nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew)
A few more tips
- You can make this breakfast as big or as little as you would like, meaning you could go 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, or if you would like it to be a smaller meal, you could scale it down to 1/4 cup of each instead.
- If you would like to make it vegan, like Angela at ohsheglows, just omit the yogurt and add twice as much milk (obviously a non-daily form like almond, soy, hemp).
- You could add any of the above fruit in the overnight mixture, instead of a topping, for more of an infused flavor.
- You could add other mix-ins to the overnight mixture, like cocoa, pumpkin puree, chia seeds...
- Check out Kath's list of overnight oats recipes. She is the Queen of all things oats.
What's your favorite cold breakfast for hot summer days? Like this post? SHARE it with your friends.
Enjoyed this post and want more?
Sign up for exclusive offers, giveaways, and tips on living a quality life:
We respect your privacy.
Who is Live Well 360?
We create premium fitness bags inspired by our own search for the perfect gym bag.
Each bag is designed around the principle of quality in style, durability, and functionality. Our bags know what you need before you do. Learn more »