When I am in a hurry and need food fast, I love making smoothies – the perfect healthy on-the-go meal or snack. They are great because you can alter them to fit your caloric needs. If it is more of a meal, you can add more ingredients, or if you need just a snack, you can keep the ingredients list and/or portion size small.
I made mine today with a mix of frozen mango and berries, combined with milk and vanilla protein powder.
In a matter of minutes you have yourself a yummy smoothie that will keep you fueled while you are on the go.
- 1-cup skim milk (or milk substitute of your choice)
- 1-cup frozen mangos, raspberries, and blueberries (from Trader Joe’s)
- ½ scoop (16 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- squirt of vanilla creme stevia (if necessary)
- Add all ingredients to the blender or Vitamix.
- Blend on high.
- Pour into your glass.
Tip 1: The longer you blend, the frothier and thicker it gets.
Tip 2: If you have a lot of fruit or thicker ingredients, start by adding the liquid ingredients first, and then slowly add in the other ingredients, so that the blended doesn’t bind up and get stuck… that is, unless you have a Vitamix, which will pulverize pretty much anything!
What is your favorite ingredient to add to a smoothie?
Print This Post