Mango and Berry Smoothie

Mango and Berry Frothy Smoothie

When I am in a hurry and need food fast, I love making smoothies – the perfect healthy on-the-go meal or snack. They are great because you can alter them to fit your caloric needs. If it is more of a meal, you can add more ingredients, or if you need just a snack, you can keep the ingredients list and/or portion size small.

I made mine today with a mix of frozen mango and berries, combined with milk and vanilla protein powder.

I make all kinds of variations, some with Greek yogurt mixed in, various fruits, and sometimes nuts, flaxseed meal, or coconut oil as well.

In a matter of minutes you have yourself a yummy smoothie that will keep you fueled while you are on the go.

Ingredients

Directions

1. Add all ingredients to the blender or Vitamix.
  2. Blend on high.
  3. Pour into your glass.
  4. Enjoy!

Mango and Berry Frothy Smoothie

Tip 1: The longer you blend, the frothier and thicker it gets.

Tip 2: If you have a lot of fruit or thicker ingredients, start by adding the liquid ingredients first, and then slowly add in the other ingredients, so that the blended doesn’t bind up and get stuck… that is, unless you have a Vitamix, which will pulverize pretty much anything!

What is your favorite ingredient to add to a smoothie?

VeggieGirl November 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM

SO refreshing!!

I love adding nut butters to smoothies.

Sheila November 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Me too! I usually add some more fats using nut butter, etc to helps fill me up longer, but this recipe is surprisingly really filling just the way it is.

Mary Bess November 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I’m what you might call a ‘smoothie queen’!! Ha! I just love the convenience of smoothies and knowing that I can pack so many great nutrients into one serving!

Plus, with the vivid colors you can obtain, you just know you are getting something so good for you!

Cheers!
MB

Nick November 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Nice froth! I am obsessed with smoothies, making them as thick as possible as to resemble soft-serve ice cream

Sheila November 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM

MB – I totally agree re: the vivid colors. I made a raspberry smoothie yesterday that was almost fuschia!

Nick – Me too, I like to let the blender go for a really long time so it gets really thick and doubles in size. :-)

Kimberley December 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I love to add yogurt. I make the same two smoothies all the time. I would love to have more recipes, I’m not good at make up my own.

Robyn February 1, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Can I send you a sample o Arbonne's vanilla VEGAN protein powder?